ASCO 7000 Series Automatic Transfer Switch
Where would your business be without a constant supply of electrical power? A steady power supply is often taken for granted. The reality is that power failures happen more frequently than we think.
In the event of a power interruption, an ATS switches power from commercial sources to the emergency backup anywhere from 30 to 60 milliseconds. The average human eyeblink happens in 400 milliseconds.
ASCO Power Transfer Switches with control logic monitors normal power supply and senses any fluctuations and possible interruptions. Applications for ASCO Automatic Transfer Switches are seemingly limitless. Any commercial enterprise that depends on electricity for operations can benefit from the 24/7 peace of mind that ASCO Power Management products afford you. In telecommunications for example, service providers are relied on for high level of service and dependability. Lost power means an interruption in service and lost profit.
ASCO Automatic Transfer Switches are available in several specifications depending on your specific business needs.
OPEN TRANSITION (ATS)
ASCO Automatic Open Transition Transfer Switches are the standard in the industry. High speed transfer of loads between alternate sources of power, regardless of ampacity size, is achieved by a reliable, field proven solenoid operating mechanism. It operates in a break before make mode. One set of contacts open before the other set close. Load is disconnected from power during transfer.
ASCO Automatic Closed Transition Transfer Switches feature main contacts that overlap, permitting the transfer of electrical loads without power interruption. The switch transfers in a make-before-break mode if both sources are within acceptable parameters. Control logic continuously monitors source conditions and automatically determines whether the load transfer should be open (conventional non-overlap mode) or closed transition. Available 150 through 4000 Amperes.
Failure to synchronize indication and extended parallel time protection is built-in to all 7000 SERIES closed transition controls to prevent abnormal operation.
DELAYED TRANSITION (ADTB)
ASCO Delayed Transition Transfer Switches are designed to provide transfer of loads between power sources with a timed load disconnect position for an adjustable period of time. Applications include older style variable frequency drives, rectifier banks, and load management applications.
• Available in 150 through 4000 Amperes.
• Utilizes reliable, field proven solenoid operating mechanisms.
• Mechanical interlocks to prevent direct connection of both sources.
• Indicator light (16mm, industrial grade type LED) for load disconnect position.
• Adjustable time delay for load disconnect position.
AUTOMATIC TRANSFER BYPASS-ISOLATION SWITCHES
ASCO Automatic Transfer with Bypass Isolation Switches are available in open transition, closed transition and delayed transition designs. The bypass and isolation features allow the primary automatic transfer switch to be inspected, tested, and maintained without any interruption of power to the load. They also provide redundant power transfer in the event the ATS is disabled or removed from service.
- Available 150 to 4000 Amperes
- Allows bypass-isolation without load interruption.
- Bypass switch and transfer switch have identical electrical ratings
- Heavy duty mechanical interlocks prevent undesirable operation.
- Bypass contacts carry current only during bypass mode.
- Transfer switch is draw-out design for ease of maintenance.
- Bypass and isolation handles are permanently mounted. The bypass switch has dead front quick-make, quick-break operation for transferring of loads between live sources
- Bypass switch is fully rated for use as a manual 3-position transfer switch.
- Bypass and isolation functions are simple, requiring a total of two operating handles
- No toggle switches, push buttons, selector switches or levers are required for bypass- isolation operation
- Mechanical indicators show bypass and transfer switch positions
- 800-1200 ampere available in shallow depth, front connected or rear connected designs.